- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Work from home transitioning to Chorley office
As part of our growth we have an opening a for a Java Software Engineer.
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
As uSmart Data Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring that Utiligroup’s customers receive excellent customer service in the provision of Utiligroup’s Tier 3 uSmart Service. You are responsible for utilising Utiligroup’s uSmart products to manage and support the rollout and maintenance of smart metering systems, on behalf of Utiligroup’s clients and delivering the service within contracted SLAs. You will work directly with customers, the uSmart Data Coordinator will build up, maintain and expand their detailed industry knowledge of the processes required and exceptions incurred when interacting with the DCC for servicing the smart meter rollout and on-going lifecycle management. The uSmart Data Co-ordinator will keep their knowledge up to date, ensuring it remains consistent with the latest industry baseline and awareness of forthcoming industry change.
Working in a busy and dynamic service environment a willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and contribute outside of your specific area of responsibility is expected. You will have a strong customer focus and seek to continuously improve the service experience for Utiligroup’s clients.
The role requires clearance in line with BS7858 requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the uSmart Managed Service to clients, with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Management, investigation and resolution of exceptions raised by the uSmart solutions in relation to business orchestration processes
- Monitoring and reporting of scheduled activity, including investigation of any anomalies for scheduled activities
- Outbound incident management, working directly with the DCC
- Uploading and management of inbound data sent from the client, or other agreed parties. Including of resolution of any exceptions during these processes.
- Providing, timely and accurate information to the client and agreed third parties relating to DCC service performance
- Execution of Smart Metering Key Infrastructure processes in line with documented processes
- Acting as DCC Authorised Responsible Officer (ARO) for multiple clients
- Accurate and timely data entry
- Completion of User Acceptance Testing( UAT)
- Managing and prioritising requirements against industry, customer and internal expectations within Service Levels
- Understanding the importance of SLAs and delivering to clients within agreed SLAs
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing professional, knowledgeable and courteous responses to customer queries
- Responsible for helping to build excellent customer relationships
- Liaising directly with clients, providing timely, clear and accurate information.
- Maintaining process maps & work instructions
- Responsible for ensuring processes are completed in line with agreed documentation and evidenced as required by regulatory audits
- Developing detailed industry knowledge and interpreting industry requirements
- Identifying new opportunities resulting from industry process, and business requirement changes
- Understanding the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- Participating in a programme of continuous improvement, to ensure the systems and processes are appropriate to changing company and customer requirements
- uSmart Industry Operations team meeting contracted SLAs
- Demonstration of knowledge of uSmart applications, process and industry
- Demonstration of excellent customer service
Working Hours & Location
Hours of work to equate to 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday between 8.00am – 8.00pm. Subject to business need there will be flexibility required due to potential shift changes and as such, your hours of work will be 37.5 hours 5 days per week with 1:4 Saturdays
Given the ongoing situation with COVID, you will initially work remotely, with dedicated support being provided by a senior developer by way of Zoom, Slack, Phone, Screensharing etc. However, our ultimate goal will be to return to our Chorley based office in the coming months, which is where you will be based. However, there will still be an option of working remotely when this happens, but it will be subject to successfully completing the probation period, which is 6 months.
Experience & Skills
- Experience working in a customer service or service role environment
- Experience of working in a similar role in the UK Energy Industry is highly desirable
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team working capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A strong sense of pride and accountability for delivering excellent customer service
- Strong sense of accountability and desire to see things through
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Detail orientated with an analytical mind set
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility
- Able to project a professional image
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- Able to work as part as a team or individually
Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT related discipline or an active GitHub profile with a keen interest in Java.
- A minimum of 2+ years development experience within a commercial environment.
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work well within a team and coach junior software engineers
- Be a self-starter and show initiative with the ability to lead small groups of junior software engineers
- Good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following; Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
You will receive development and training about our business, your role and your specific responsibilities to enable you to gain a real insight into the role and the Energy industry, enabling you to provide a knowledgeable service to our customers.
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents