- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Currently work from home - transitioning to Chorley office
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
The ESG Global (Energy) Application Support Analyst shall be responsible for deploying and supporting the range of ESG Global products. The position shall require the Application Support Analyst to research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software deployments, both internally and externally across the entire suite of ESG Global products.
As a Test Analyst within the billing team, you will support the delivery of changes to the CRM & Billing product via thorough and efficient testing.
- Collaborate closely with Business Analysts, developers and team leads to fully understand and challenge requirements and code changes.
- Collaborate closely with Business Analysts, developers and team leads to identify system use, data and key scenarios associated with your testing.
- Analyse the risk associated with the change and write risk-based test cases.
- Assist Team Lead or Senior Testers test schedules for complex system changes as a mini project.
- Identify system dependencies across deliveries and consolidate testing as appropriate.
- Test data planning and preparation
- Define the environment requirements including supporting application configuration.
- Complete data setup
- Carry out test execution independently.
- Raise clear, valid defects during test execution.
- Own and manage defects through the lifecycle.
- Produce clear and concise test results with evidence.
- Work to quickly resolve test execution blockers.
- Continually keep Scrum Master and other stakeholders updated on progress and raise blockers when they occur.
- Advise and support the customer on UAT approach and test techniques.
- Deliver agreed scope on or ahead of time and within budget targets.
- Carefully manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Has an understanding of SDLC.
- Has an understanding of agile practices?
- Has actively contributed to user story refinement.
- Understands what makes a good user story and has provided feedback where improvements are needed.
- Understands the systems integration process and the risks involved.
- Performed SIT and UAT support on projects with time spent resolving issues or assisting with product queries.
- Able to troubleshoot defects actively contributing towards solution for root cause fixes.
- Good professional relationships with teams in other departments
- Encourages others to work to the company values and objectives.
- Shows initiative through decision making and taking action.
- Passionate about delivering quality and removes blockers on behalf of the customer or other team members.
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond when required.
- Invests own time in personal improvement and seeks to continually learn.
- Testing professional with at least 2 years system testing experience.
- Relevant system testing experience within the energy industry, specifically Gas/Electricity (Essential).
- Experience in testing of CRM/Billing systems for energy suppliers (Essential)
- Willing to undergo BS7858 screening.
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness