- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Utilising detailed knowledge of CRM/Billing systems, with particular focus on SMETS2 or Traditional pre-payment ideally gained from first-hand operational experience or as a Senior Business Analyst or Consultant (within the Utilities industry). The key responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst will include;
- Producing Business and Functional user story specifications
- Producing Acceptance criteria
- Liaison with development teams throughout the software development lifecycle
- Interpreting industry requirements for technical/development staff
- To provide guidance and mentoring to business analysts in the team.
- To breakdown backlog changes or defects into multiple user stories fit for delivery in sprints
- To review and prioritise change control and defects and order them accordingly in the backlog
- To review and produce functional requirements documentation for use by developers and test analysts in the development and test of ESG software products, this includes new requirements for existing products and requirements for brand new software solutions.
- Provide industry expertise and documentation to ESG in their software development
- Provide interpretation of industry compliance requirements to ESG.
- Provide expertise to colleagues and clients with a thorough practical understanding of ESG and software solutions used in operational delivery.
- Provide a first line interface for colleagues and clients to interpret their requirements and represent these in solution development and formation.
- To analyse, organise, translate and simplify requirements.
- To manage and prioritise requirements against industry, customer and internal expectations and deadlines.
- To communicate requirements to wider business and stakeholders
- To work with developers and test analysts to problem solve and resolve issues with requirements, including but not limited to, conflicting functionality and timelines.
- Review of testing and technical documentation against requirements
- To create and maintain product guides and user documentation.
- To provide training to colleagues and clients on ESG products
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan.
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Proven experience of ESG’s billing software
- Proven, extensive experience as a Consultant or Business Analyst, with relevant operational experience within the UK Energy or Utilities sector.
- Detailed knowledge of either; Smart Metering – ideally SMETS2, although SMETS1 experience will be considered or traditional pre-payment
- Experience in producing detailed functional requirements documentation for changes to CRM/Billing systems and working with development and test teams throughout the software development life cycle.
- Understanding of the principles of Energy billing including standing charge, consumption-based billing, tariffs and estimation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present information, including requirements in a clear and concise way.
You must possess:
- Extensive business analysis experience in the utilities/energy industry
- Experience of billing in the energy industry
- Experience in of product line management
- Experience of Agile software development methodologies
You will have:
- Good problem-solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness