- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Temporary (3 months)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
Utiligroup’s in house dual fuel billing platform is built upon Microsoft Dynamics utilising C#, React.js, SQL Server ASP.Net and various other technologies. As part of the Billing team you will be expected to develop and support the CRM Billing software to the internal Development Standards to ensure all products are of acceptable quality to the end customer. You will work within a strong team with vast experience of the solutions and who are looking forward to the arrival of new skills. You will be working on development projects throughout the software lifecycle, from requirements analysis, design and development to testing, release management and support.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled React.js Developer to join our development team. In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js concepts and to assist the development team with their understanding of React.js.
- Working with the development team to help lay the foundations on implementing React.js with the existing CRM system
- Developing and implementing highly-responsive user interface components using React concepts.
- Review the current React.js project and provide support, guidance and recommend best practices for other development team members to follow
- Meet with the project and development teams to discuss user interface ideas
- Assist with the general direction of the new front end UI and recommend any tools or utilities that may prove useful
- Create documentation with coding standards to help other developers when learning React.js
- To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
- To identify opportunities for product improvements
- Build in flexibility and customization from the start
- To perform development testing of their work and to help resolve any issues raised.
- To construct and document new and amended complex software in accordance with Utilisoft standards, to extract and meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- Follow the JIRA/Git processes and update accordingly
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan, and recommend corrective actions.
- To ensure all project issues and risks are reported accurately; make recommendations for corrective actions.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within the formal configuration management system.
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To produce technical documentation where required to support development delivered to customers and willing to demonstrate new functionality to both the team and customers if required.
- 3+ years software development experience with one or more of the following technologies: React.js, C#, .Net, SQL Server, Microsoft CRM, ASP.Net
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with user interface designExperience with Unit Testing with Jest/Enzyme
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.Experience with Performance Testing
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Excellent problem solving techniques and the ability to provide software process improvements is essential
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems
- Good inter-personal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive Attitude; someone who takes ownership and pride in their work
- Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- 3+ years experience working as a React.js Developer
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.Net (VB.NET desirable, but not essential)
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents