- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Currently work from home - transitioning to Chorley office
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
We are eager to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure. You will participate in technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems & related procedures adhere to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), enabling secure & reliable delivery of software solutions to our customers.
This role will provide support through the lifecycle of projects including the definition of needs, benefits, & technical strategy; R&D; technical analysis/design; support operations staff in executing, testing & rolling-out the solutions.
Knowledge of high uptime, 24×7 environments would be particularly beneficial.
Shift Work: Sunday – Thursday minimum of 37.5 hours per week. There may be rare occasions where work falls outside of these hours i.e. major incident response or large project delivery.
- Deploy and configure server infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
- Support the platform and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution to meet strict defined SLAs.
- Plan, execute and deliver complex IT infrastructure projects.
- Mentor other team members, providing technical assistance, guidance and feedback
- Acting as an escalation point both within the team and for internal/external customers
- Planning and delivering technical workshops within the business
- Maintain and monitor network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environments, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test changes to networks, hardware, software, hosted environments and solutions
- Work with various vendors and service providers to procure appropriate hardware, software and technical services.
- Maintain good working relationships with service providers and vendors to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
- Prepare and present status, capacity and incident reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on internal and external projects.
- Create and maintain documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends, helping drive innovation within the infrastructure and business
- Identify and raise changes in accordance with the company’s change management and control procedures
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer/IT related discipline
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) or MCP in relevant subject.
- VMWare Certifications
- CompTIA A+ certification
- AWS/Azure certifications
- Experience at 1st/2nd/3rd line IT support
- Strong virtualization experience using VMWare and Hyper-V
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server environments including Active Directory, GPO, Exchange/O365, IIS, SCCM, VMM
- Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
- Experience with automation techniques, for instance scripting using PowerShell.
- Experience with firewalls, and network segregation.
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure security and hardening procedures
- Successful leadership and technical delivery of IT projects.
- Experience deploying and configuring into a Cloud environments
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, ticket management, escalation and resolution within defined SLAs
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring others
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness