- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Utilising detailed knowledge of Energy supplier CRM/Billing systems, ideally gained from first-hand operational experience or as a Business Analyst or Consultant (within the Utilities industry). The key responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include;
- Producing Business and Functional specifications
- Producing Acceptance criteria
- Liaison with development teams throughout the software development lifecycle
Description of Responsibilities
- To produce functional requirements documentation for use by developers and test analysts in the development and test of Utilisoft software products, this includes new requirements for existing products and requirements for brand new software solutions. Provide industry expertise and documentation to Utilisoft in their software development and provide interpretation of industry compliance requirements to Utilisoft.
- Provide expertise to colleagues and clients with a thorough practical understanding of Utilisoft and software solutions used in operational delivery.
- Provide a first line interface for colleagues and clients to interpret their requirements and represent these in solution development and formation.
- To analyse, organise, translate and simplify requirements.
- To manage and prioritise requirements against industry, customer and internal expectations and deadlines.
- To communicate requirements to wider business and stakeholders
- To work with developers and test analysts to problem solve and resolve issues with requirements, including but not limited to, conflicting functionality and timelines.
- Review of testing and technical documentation against requirements
- To create and maintain product guides and user documentation.
- To provide training to colleagues and clients on Utilisoft products
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan.
- Proven experience as a Consultant or Business Analyst, with relevant operational experience within the UK Energy or Utilities sector.
- Experience in producing detailed functional requirements documentation for changes to CRM/Billing systems.
- Understanding of the principles of Energy billing including standing charge, consumption-based billing, tariffs and estimation.
- Experience of working with development and test teams throughout the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of either;
- Smart Metering – ideally SMETS2, although SMETS1 experience will be considered or
- Traditional pre-payment
- Experience in change management.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present information, including requirements in a clear and concise way.
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
You will have:
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- GDPR Knowledge