- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Currently work from home - transitioning to Chorley office
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
The ESG Global (Energy) Application Support Analyst shall be responsible for deploying and supporting the range of ESG Global products. The position shall require the Application Support Analyst to research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software deployments, both internally and externally across the entire suite of ESG Global products.
The Application Support Analyst will be involved in providing front line support to clients and deploying software client site.
Shift work: Shifts covering Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:30
App Support Responsibilities:
- Provide front-line support to customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve software problems, internally and externally
- Provide application support and guidance, internally and externally.
- Completion of incident reports
- Participation in helpdesk review and analysis
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications to internal test environments
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications on customer environments
- Work with project teams to investigate complex issues, identify and implement solutions to new and re-occurring problems in the deployment of applications
- Work with other members of staff to ensure transfer of knowledge and understanding of problems, practices and processes.
- Develop documentation that aids successful implementation and operation of software applications for both new deployments.
- Develop documentation and mappings of upgrade procedures for general and specific scenarios
- Management of internal testing environments to ensure that these remain in line with customer sites and configuration
- Working with the Test Team Manager and IT Support Technician to manage the environment requirements of the test team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire ESG Global product suite to facilitate the deployment of applications on a customer’s environment, including variable parameters
- Analyse and evaluate existing or proposed software systems to determine feasibility, time required and process.
- Record and maintain system documentation and software inventories
- Follow procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, deviations from the standard are proposed or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to improve the customer experience or deliver efficiencies
- To understand the concepts of solutions implementation; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration management system
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Performance of Test Analyst responsibilities as required
You must have:
- Three to four years Applications Support experience
- Knowledge and Experience of Software Deployment
- Knowledge and Experience of Customer Support
- Knowledge and Experience of Oracle & SQL databases with MYSQL being desirable
- Excellent Customer Service skills including Customer-Facing experience
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent written and oral communications
Strong problem solving, organisation and communication skills
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness